Working on this event what not only a brilliant experience, but also a great honour to be involved with such a fantastic charity. This saw supporters, survivors and personalities dancing off in a “Strictly” style fundraising event. The event took place in Dublin’s national convention centre opposite the quays.
There was many different strands to this event from PR, Video work, Choreography and the actual producing of the night. Our remit was production, choreography (teaching all competitors how to dance in 8 weeks) and work on a consultancy basis through-out the build up It was a small committee made up of Aisling Hurley (CEO), Samantha (BCI), Ciara Holmes (PR), Roisin (KR) and Kevin Rowe. Many meetings took place with the Convention Centre in terms of set design, lighting, the opening, the show the day overall.
There was a huge amount of PR in the build-up and many of the dancers appeared on TV3, 2FM and many of the national newspapers promoting the event.
Highlights of the event
- Tickets sold out ranging from 100/150 euro’s with 900 people in attendance
- Nicky Byrne was Master of Ceremonies
- Bressie, Emma Hannigan, Marty Whelan and Monica Loughman
- Nissan (BCI) charity partner donated a car in the raffle
- Over 100k was raised after costs